Friday, January 23, 2009

Scrap Sheets


As a designer I am always attracted to things and details that show beautiful combinations of color and design.
The other day, while shopping for school supplies for the kids I stumbled upon these beautiful scrap sheets and just couldn't get enough of them. I came back home to search the Internet for more and found out that they are very rare, and there is only one big publisher of those in England: Mamelok Press.(that is were these came from)
My mom remembers playing with scrap sheets or chromos-as we call them-when she was a little girl and my sister in law says she had a big box full with those lovely images (too bad my husband thought they were junk*gasp*and threw them away in a sibling rivalry fit)
I know I don't have much readers just yet, but if someone stops by and knows where I can find a source of these lovely scrap sheets in the U.S please, please let me know!! Shipping from UK costs 10 pounds, and as much as I love this beautiful reliefs, I don't think I want to pay that much....
In the meantime I will go back to my local store and get many more of these!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just happened upon your blog while researching makelok press as well. I found one site here in the US that carries some vintage and new stock. Here is the link http://www.blumchen.com/scrap_pictures_shop.html

    ReplyDelete