Monday, January 19, 2009

Books and tools and fabric



My name is Vanessa and I am a fabric-book-tool-oholic...

I just can't resist them!!!! Even living where I live, where supplies are not as easily available as you can get in other countries...

Oh no, there is no Jo Ann's or Michael's one stop shopping here! I have to pay about $5 for a yard of fabric, can you believe it? and it's not even of the latest collections, I can only have what is left over from them...There is always the Internet, but I hate waiting...

To buy books I have to go to Amazon, which I love, by the way...But I can't go through the pages of a book before I buy it, and so many times I have been disappointed of what I got.

Even so, I just can't resist going into my local fabric store and browsing and finding treasures, so many times I have bought something just because I liked the feel and color of it...For example: I don't even crochet or knit (I have tried several times, but I just can't get it) and I have a full range of needles and yarn and patterns just in case I finally learn how to do it, because I love what people do with yarn!

There's this book I got from Amazon: Stitched in Time...I loved it! My husband asked me What are you reading? and I answered that a book from a person that could be me...

Anyway, I just finished my first project, and I want to show it to you. I will give it to my sister Guisella who is one year younger than me and I am very close to. I was pretending to give it to my niece, but she already told me that she wants it for herself, so this one will be for you from yours truly



No comments:

Post a Comment