Saturday, May 15, 2010

Baking the blues away

I've had a rough week, really. Who doesn't have some not-so-nice-days every once in a while?

What I do when I am stressed out is first, I take a deep breath, and then I go to my usual therapies of either running, crafting or cooking (I have to admit I also have kid like tantrums and meltdowns, but those are the lesser occasions)
This week's therapy was baking...and I had so much fun! I prepared a heavenly Challah that we had with spiced wine for dinner, pizza dough for tomorrow's lunch and croissant dough for tea tomorrow. I also baked a whole wheat sponge bread, but I was watching a movie and I thought I had turned the oven off and I didn't...The bread did not burn, but it is really hard! Well, one of four is not that bad, is it?
I've never made croissants myself, all that turning of the dough makes it look so complicated!

I'll let you know how they turned out tomorrow. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment